As I prepare to reopen my clinic, I wanted to let you know about the precautions I am taking to keep patients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to screening and frequent decontamination, you will notice a few changes during the treatments. I continue to strive to provide the best service possible while making your health the top priority.
My procedures are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the World Health Organization and various national acupuncture organizations and associations.
Here are some examples of changes you might see.
Under the conditions listed below, I will ask that patients either schedule a telehealth appointment or reschedule an in-person appointment for a later date.
1. The patient is experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Respiratory issues, including shortness of breath, cough, or difficulty breathing
- Muscle Pain/Aches
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell or taste
2. The patient has traveled outside the United States within the past two weeks.
3. The patient has been exposed to a COVID-positive person within the past two weeks.
At the start of the appointment, I will take your temperature and ask you a few short screening questions.
😷 Personal Protective Equipment:
I will wear a surgical mask, gloves and scrubs during the treatment.
I am using paper table covers and linens instead of cloth to cut down on the risk of contamination.
For my clients, I ask that you please:
- Wear a mask. A cloth mask is acceptable. I can provide a mask if you do not have one.
- Wash your hands in the bathroom sink or use hand sanitizer before entering the clinic room. I can provide hand sanitizer.
- Wear loose fitting clothes, such as shorts and tank tops (or sports bras for women) to minimize the use of gowns.
I am using disinfectants registered with the EPA as effective against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.
I have a strict surface decontamination protocol that includes cleaning the treatment table and all surfaces touched a patient (e.g. doorknobs, sinks, sanitizer dispensers) immediately after each appointment.
All other surfaces are cleaned at least once a day.
🧼 Additional precautions
I can send you an email invoice if you would prefer to pay online to avoid handling cash or credit cards.
I am staggering appointments to provide at least 30 minutes between patients so that I have time to clean the room and so that patients do not have to interact between appointments.
If you would prefer to wait in your car, I can text you when I am ready.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I strive to provide a warm, comfortable, relaxing environment while still maintaining the necessary safety precautions. www.gordonacu.com